Monday 13 May 2013

Caught up on 2012!

I've finally cleared the backlog of posts I wanted to make about my game odyssey - the year of trying out new and different systems in 2012. I really should have started this blog last year, but I've diligently gone back and written about all the games I ran, and some of the games I played.

The experience certainly opened my eyes to new possibilities. I bought a lot of games I haven't got around to playing yet. Some I read, but decided I didn't really like parts of (Trail of Cthulhu, some version of HeroQuest, In Flames), I also bought a couple of games with interesting ideas which I may yet try (Bliss Stage, Leverage), and all of them have shown me new mechanics and new ways of approaching roleplaying games.

Since starting my odyssey I've introduced my girlfriend to roleplaying with a tailored one-on-one campaign (Blood Hunter), and started playing by Hangout with people in other countries (so far, just The Complex using Smallville).

This year I've picked up some more new games (Army of Darkness, Dungeon World, tremulus, Microscope, One Shot), some of which I may run and some of which I'll probably just read.

I'm also getting behind more Kickstarters, although I'm trying to be reasonably selective. I helped proof-read Golden Sky Stories (which as of this post has about a week left), and I've just put in for the Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition.

All up, last year was a blast for my gaming table, and this year looks to be just as good, if not better!

No comments:

Post a Comment